Thursday, May 31, 2007

'Ello Guv'ner! (week 7)

Okay, I enjoyed Blufr and the Puzzle Player. However, whoever is in charge of Puzzle Player is definitely not from Florida since on the first page it says:

Brrrrrrr…the temperature is dropping outside as we dig out our woolly scarves and ugg boots to beat the chill.Why not welcome the return of Winter this week by finding a cosy spot inside to play your favourite YouPlay game!
I'm pretty sure that the only sheep product that might interest Floridians at this time would be lambchops, definitely not wool (you imagines wearing wool anywhere in Central Florida? Ugghh!). And ugg boots? Once I saw "favorite" spelled, "favourite," I realized that this person is from "across the pond" where, I gather, there's three days out of the year when the sun decides to show itself. Oh well.
I probably shouldn't share this but it took me, like, 3 minutes to realize that Blufr is pronounced "bluffer" and not "bluefer." In my defense, though, as soon as I saw it on this week's lesson, I immediately wanted to say bluefer because it sounds funnier that way. You know what, I don't care. I'm gonna keep saying bluefer.

No comments: