Thursday, June 7, 2007

This Blog: not so funny. Feel Free to Ignore (except for you, MP3 Player Guy). (week 8)

Well, I guess I do like online learning. It's nice to be able to do this at my pace, where I want to, etc. Sometimes, though, it's nice to have someone to guide you when you're trying to learn something and reading something online just isn't enough. However, I haven't had that problem with this course yet.

I haven't had to really help anybody. Yes, I've answered a question here and there, but nothing taxing. Example:

Person asking question: "Hey, it's raining outside. Do you think if I turn on my computer to work on Learn 2.0, lightning can strike the library travel through the wiring and electrocute me?"

Me: Yeah, I like ponies too.

Honestly, though, everybody that I know is doing this hasn't had any problems with anything (I think. They've never told me at least).

As far as sharing is concerned: I'm for it. You know why? It's one of those few virtues that were put into rhyme which means it has to be important (sharing is caring). Seriously, sharing is cool because it means you can wait for your friends to buy things that you really like and then borrow it from them. No, seriously seriously, sharing is cool at work because we can all help each other by sharing info and stuff. In turn, our patrons get better service from us. Good Times!

P.S. I'm sure you've probably heard this from 1 or 237 people, but I created my Flickr account, uploaded the pics, made them public and tagged them 101Central, but they don't come up when I do a tag search. Everybody else in my department is having this problem, except for those who already had Flickr accounts already.

2 comments:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

I think we stressed Flickr by creating 300+ new accounts and posting the same pics with the same tags - that had to look weird when they analyzed their stats. I am sure they thought it was some sort of cryptic terrorist cell trying to communicate with the mother land.

The MP3 Player Guy

Sunny said...

I really literally (redundant much yes) thoroughtly enjoyed reading your blogs.
I was laughing so hard at the pony thing that my co-workers logged-on and begged for your blog site.
I am going to have to revise or just start fresh humor in my blog.
You've given me a benchmark to achieve. Ha!